Before you begin, please see our Applicant Tutorial.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact staff during normal business hours at (218) 759-2057.
Northwest Minnesota Foundation believes the community members who will have the most impact in our communities are young learners who are prepared for success. We believe students must take advantage of all education opportunities presented to them. That’s why we encourage applicants to look for every scholarship for which they are eligible in an efficient and convenient platform, which we are providing as service to our scholarship funds.
Find out how to apply for scholarships available in the NMF region below. More than 90 different scholarships are waiting for you right here, so don’t miss out on your chance to receive assistance in paying for your education.
Online Applications open February 1st each year with an April 15th deadline.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
VIEW THE REVIEWER TUTORIAL HERE.
REVIEW SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS HERE.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:
- Once you are ready to apply for an online scholarship, review the tutorial and start the eligibility quiz.
- Review criteria to ensure you are eligible.
- Collect items needed to complete applications. Prepare essays in advance.
- Online applications typically require a profile setup with an email address.
- Anticipate that all information will be communicated via email; use a valid email address that you use on regular basis (not your high school e-mail).
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP:
- Review award letter carefully.
- Most scholarships require additional information such as a scholarship agreement and information about the college.
- All scholarships require transcripts to be submitted.
- Complete any additional documents and note any other deadlines.
- Most scholarships only pay after the first semester has been completed and the following items are received by NMF: a transcript showing your grades, proof of registration for the next semester, and your Student Identification Number.
- Multi-year scholarships typically require transcript submittal.
- Inform your college financial aid office of the scholarship.
- Send a thank you note to the donor.