Position Title: Development Officer
Reports To: President/CEO
The Development Officer provides a wide range of professional services for NMF and its constituents, particularly community funds and nonprofit endowment funds, by:
- Raising NMF’s visibility/identity by representing, communicating and promoting NMF’s mission.
- Strengthening relationships with donors and communities.
- Representing donor interests within all aspects of NMF.
- Ensuring a strong relationship between NMF staff and Board, and NMF Fund Advisory Committees.
The Development Officer must be capable of exercising independent judgment and action, managing multiple tasks, motivating and supporting volunteers (individually and as groups), and applying fund development principles.
Enhance and expand services to geographic affiliate funds (community funds).
- Develop and implement an annual strategic plan for each affiliate fund.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of affiliate funds.
- Support fundraising activities of affiliate funds.
- Identify, recruit, train and support volunteers for implementation of fund raising activities.
- Conduct affiliate workshops and educational events.
- Represent the Foundation at affiliate fund activities.
- With NMF staff, coordinate affiliate grant making activities.
- With Communications Specialist and Administrative Assistant, develop and manage media coverage of affiliate fund activities.
Provide support for development activities
- Help build a greater regional awareness of NMF’s role in the promotion of philanthropy.
- Serve as a resource to individuals, communities, and organizations on charitable giving opportunities and be responsible for networking with donor groups.
- Assist in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of new and existing donors.
- Contribute to other activities of the Philanthropic Services Department as needed and assigned.
- Work closely with program staff in planning and delivering a variety of foundation activities and services.
- With Communications Specialist and Administrative Assistant, identify and develop donor information for use in NMF publications and regional media.
Training and Experience Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and two to three years experience in fund raising.
- Experience in communications and strong written communication skills.
- Experience in computerized systems and rural development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
- Knowledge of northwest Minnesota issues and communities
- Working knowledge and skills in computer operations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals, organizations, and communities
- Considerable skill in organization and system development
- Ability to function both individually and in a team relationship
- Capable of analyzing complex and competitive environments in order to conceive, develop and implement strategies related to fund raising, marketing and public relations.
- Must have means and ability to travel throughout the region and around the state. Must be able to travel nationally on occasional basis.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: April 20, 2018