Vice President of Finance and Administration
Kind of Work
Highly independent and responsible professional work which involves a variety of difficult to highly specialized activities in the financial management of the NMF. This position is a strategic partner to the CEO and CIO and as such must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking and strong execution skills. Work includes learning all aspects of the NMF activities and requires the application of communication, personal relations and group process skills in coordinating financial matters with program and development activities. Position is supervised by the President.
Finance and Accounting
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of all financial accounting systems of the NMF including loans, grants, special projects and component funds.
- Responsible for preparing monthly financial statements and regular financial management information.
- Identify, develop, and implement additional or revised financial procedures and systems as needed.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Coordinate the annual audit.
- Provide staff support to the Audit Committee.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state nonprofit tax laws and charitable gift laws.
- Responsible for preparing all financial information required by organizations granting or lending funds to the NMF.
- Development and Implementation of strong internal control policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with the banks that hold NMF funds.
- Cash flow planning to ensure availability of funds as needed for operations.
- Assist with planning and forecasting by providing 3-year and 5-year financial forecasts as needed.
- Supervise the Staff Accountant position.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure a smoothly functioning office.
- Implement the NMF investment policies including working with investment managers and the Investments Committee.
- Review investment policy and track performance of managers.
- Provide staff support to NMF board Investments Committee.
- Provide support to Development staff on complex gifts and planned giving.
- Provide oversight for annuity arrangements.
- Provide oversight of Contract Technology arrangements.
- Chair staff Technology Selection Committee.
- Supervise NMF Technology staff and any technology contract staff.
- Responsible for maintaining personnel/payroll files and implementing personnel guidelines.
- Administer the 403(b) retirement, flexible benefits, and health, dental, and life and disability insurance plans.
Building and Grounds
- Responsible for building and grounds maintenance.
- Negotiate contracts with tenants and oversee all tenant relationships.
Training and Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field required. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of six years of progressive experience in accounting, finance and related management fields. Non-profit experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
- Considerable knowledge of accounting and business finance.
- Considerable knowledge of general office functions and personnel management.
- Considerable knowledge of nonprofit tax laws.
- Considerable skill in problem solving, organization and system development.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and execution skills.
- Ability to train and supervise office support staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare clear and detailed reports.
- Ability to function in a team relationship.
E-mail a resume and cover letter to Nancy Vyskocil at email@example.com.
Click here to download a copy of the job description.
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 16, 2018.