The Northwest Minnesota Continuum of Care (NWCoC) is now accepting new and renewal applications for the 2021 annual COC Program Competition from nonprofit organizations, governmental entities, and public housing agencies with projects aimed at addressing homelessness in the region. On March 13th, 2021 the NWCoC registered for the FY2021 CoC Program Competition through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The Northwest Continuum of Care is required to hold a local CoC Program Competition to evaluate, select and rank all projects the NWCoC wants to include in the region’s national consolidated application to HUD.
Total funding available through HUD is expected to be around:
- $593,806 Renewal or Replacement Youth Homelessness Demonstration Project (YHDP)
- $698,533 Renewal Projects meeting performance standards
- $64,617 New Projects serving any eligible populations
- $82,823 New Projects for “DV Bonus” serving survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or trafficking
Details on the 2021 Competition follow below.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2021 CoC NOFA
Approximately $2,656,000,000 is available in this FY 2021 CoC Program NOFO, including approximately $77,000,000, available for non-competitive YHDP renewal and replacement expiring grants, and up to $102,000,000 available for Domestic Violence (DV) Bonus projects.
- HUD determines Indian Tribes and TDHE are now eligible to apply directly for project funds
- Unlike in past years, federally recognized Native Nations and designated housing entities can now receive HUD CoC funds. In addition, any project that proposes to provide services or housing on reservation or Tribal Trust land must be authorized by the Tribal government to do so.
Projects listed on the 2021 HUD Grant Inventory Worksheet (GIW) are eligible for renewal during this NOFO.
The GIW can be viewed here: 2021 NWCoC Grant Inventory Worksheet
NOTICE OF INTENT TO APPLY: DEADLINE HAS PASSED
(deadline closed on September 10th, 2021)
*** Please note: If you have missed the deadline, reach out to Cory Boushee at firstname.lastname@example.org
He can work with you up until the October 4th deadline.
Please note: Applicants must complete the required project applicant in e-Snaps
The E-Snaps log-in page can be found HERE
Direct link: https://esnaps.hud.gov/grantium/frontOffice.jsf
Select this link to access the log-in page for e-snaps.
If you do not have an e-snaps user account, select “Create a Profile” from the e-snaps log-in page.
To view the complete 2021 NWCoC NOFO packet click HERE
A separate Word document (.doc) of the application and a separate PDF document (.pdf) of the scoring criteria can be found at the following links. You can use the Word (.doc) document to complete the application before converting to a PDF for submission.
If you would like to read and/or review the entire competition document from HUD, you may do so HERE
IMPORTANT PROJECT APPLICATION DATES & DEADLINES
- September 1st, 2021 2021 NWCoC NOFO Competition announced.
- September 10th, 2021 Intent to Apply form due by 5:00 p.m. Click HERE to complete the Intent to Apply form.
- September 14th, 2021 (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) NWCoC NOFO Application Lab; email Cory Boushee for the registration link at email@example.com
- October 4th, 2021 Project applications due by 5:00 p.m., sent through email to Cory Boushee at firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF of eSnaps submission, APR, and NWCoC application)
- October 12th, 2021 Ranking committee meets to review projects.
- October 21st, 2021 NWCoC Board of Directors approves final project ranking. (Ranking will be published for a minimum of 15 days)
- October 21st, 2021 New and Renewal Projects notified of inclusion in the final project ranking, all projects publicly posted.
- October 29th, 2021 Final edits in eSnaps completed by applicants. This date is subject to change due to if and when additional information is posted.
- November 5th, 2021 HUD Consolidated Application submitted to NWCoC Board for approval.
- November TBD, 2021 NWCoC Board approves HUD Consolidated Application.
- November 12th, 2021 Final Collaborative Application, Project List, and Project Tiers/Ranking/Scoring Posted to CoC Website
- *November 16th, 2021 (7:00 p.m.) HUD Consolidated Application Deadline
*Note: Project Applications must be submitted by the project deadline issued by the CoC (October 4th, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.) NOT the HUD Consolidated Application deadline.
The following links will be coming soon, as they are complete and available.
CoC Board-Approved 2019 NOFA Consolidated Application & Project Priority List for MN-506