Our region is home to many locally owned small businesses that we encourage you to check out while you’re doing your holiday shopping in the coming weeks!
We wanted to spotlight some great shops from around the region that offer a wide range of products and gift ideas for the loved ones in your life. Saturday, November 30th is Small Business Saturday. Be sure to stop by these great businesses and join the #ShopSmall movement this weekend!
- Compass Rose – Located downtown (108 3rd Street NW), Compass Rose carries a variety of handmade goods from home decor, apparel, pet accessories, and locally made gifts. You can also have something custom made to add a personal touch to any gift! Visit their website to learn more.
- Destination Sporting Goods – Located at 508 Paul Bunyan Dr. NW, Destination Sporting Goods offers a large selection of fishing and hunting supplies, along with the clothing the outdoor enthusiast needs in and out of the elements. A variety of bait is offered in store, along with knowledgeable staff who are eager to put you on the species of your choice. You can preview their brands and products here.
- The Skin Company – Give the gift of self care! Located at 802 Paul Bunyan Drive S, Suite 8, The Skin Company offers skin care, massage, and other beauty treatment services. Don’t have time to stop by their shop? You can purchase a gift card online!
- Real Good Bath & Body – Offering homemade bath and body products using the best natural, luxurious, and safe ingredients like essential oils, cocoa butter, honey and milks. Real Good Bath & Body has a shop located at 118 South Broadway, and you will also find them at a booth near the main entrance of the West Acres Mall in Fargo, ND. Visit their Facebook page to see some of their newest products!
- Revelation Ale Works – If there is a craft beer enthusiast in your life, be sure to stop by the Revelation Ale Works taproom located downtown Hallock at 146 S Atlantic Ave! You can pick up some brewery apparel, gift cards, and to-go glassware that your loved ones can bring back to the taproom and fill up with their favorite brew.
- Lyle’s Shoes – Lyle’s Shoes offers big name brands and small town service. Located at 207 South Main Ave, you will find shoes for any occasion along with a variety of socks and accessories, perfect for those stocking stuffer needs!
- Ship Shop – Ship Shop is an independently owned shipping, office supply, print/scan/fax/copy, and courier service store. They offer shipping and drop-off services through UPS, FedEx, SpeeDee, and USPS. With locations in Roseau and Baudette, you can trust that your holiday cards and packages are handled with care and get to your loved ones on time. Find them on Facebook for important updates and promotions!
- Boba Cottage – If you’re out and about shopping in Warroad, make a stop into Boba Cottage! Located at 405 Lake Street NE (inside Rhoda’s Closet Plaza), Boba Cottage offers snacks and hot or cold teas. While you’re at it, you can pick up a gift card for the tea drinker in your life. Check out their delicious offerings on their Facebook page.
- Lamplighter Hockey – Living in Northwest Minnesota, you’re bound to have a hockey lover in your life! Lamplighter Hockey is located in Hockeytown, USA, and if you’re not a local, you can shop online for a variety of hockey gear and apparel.
This is by no means a definitive list, but an opportunity to demonstrate all of the amazing small businesses that are locally owned and operating in your community and nearby! You might not realize it, but every time you take a yoga class at your neighborhood spot or buy a gift from the local artist down the street, you’re shopping small and making a difference. In fact, for every dollar spent at a small business in the U.S., approximately 67 cents stays in the local community.
Watch the docuseries Saving Main, which looks at some of the challenges three different small businesses faced and the inspiring ways each business persevered.
If you’re on social media, be sure to share with your friends and family how you #ShopSmall on Saturday, Nov. 30th, throughout the holiday season, and all year long!